- 6 cups (1.5 L) popped popcorn
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter (optional)
Savoury seasoning to taste
In a large bowl, toss popcorn and drizzle with butter (if using). Sprinkle with savoury seasoning (see recipe below) and toss lightly until fully mixed. Don’t forget to share!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) onion powder
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
In a small bowl, place all ingredients and mix by hand until you get a good even colour. Put the seasoning mix into a shaker.
Note: You can adjust seasoning mixture to taste by increasing or decreasing various spices, or even adding your own twist to it. Make it your own—remember, just like popcorn it’s supposed to be fun. Makes 2 to 4 servings.