Green Herb Dressing
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped parsley
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped green onions
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped chives
- juice of ¼ lemon
- 1½ cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sea salt
- 8 oz (250 g) fresh greens (baby spring mix, arugula, frisée)
- 2 slices red onion
- 6 slices cucumber
- 6 strips cooked country smoked bacon, diced
- 16 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes watermelon
- 2 oz (57 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- edible flowers for garnish (pansies, nasturtiums)
Place all ingredients for the dressing in a Mason jar and shake well; refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Place greens on a large platter; top with onion, cucumber, bacon, watermelon and Parmesan; garnish with flowers. Serve the green herb dressing on the side—and let everyone add to taste.
Quick Tip: This recipe makes 4 cups (1 L) of Green Herb Dressing, which will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.