(Alain’s version of) Mel’s Beef Burger
- By: Alain Bossé
- Serves: 4
- 1 package beef gravy mix
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 16 oz (500 g) thinly sliced steak
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 tsp (10 mL) relish
- 2 tsp (10 mL) prepared mustard
- 4 slices processed cheese (or your favourite unprocessed cheese)
Prepare gravy according to package directions.
Split hamburger buns, and butter the insides. Grill in a hot skillet until browned; set aside.
In the same skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter; sauté the steak and onions for 5 minutes.
Pour in 3 oz (85 g) of gravy, and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
Dress the bottom halves of the buns with relish and mustard.
Top with steak and onions, and a slice of cheese. Serve with plenty of napkins!