Asian-style Asparagus and Lobster Noodle Salad
- By: Alain Bossé
- Serves: 6
- ¾ cup (175 mL) lime juice
- ½ cup (125 mL) fish sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger purée
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) hot chili sauce
- ½ pound (225 g) asparagus cut on bias into 2.5 cm pieces (remove bottom stem)
- 8 oz (225 g) vermicelli rice noodles
- 6 oz (170 g) cooked lobster meat
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced green onions
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced yellow pepper
- Black and white sesame seeds for garnish
To prepare sauce, in a bowl mix lime juice, fish sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and chili sauce. Whisk together well and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Cook vermicelli rice noodles as per cooking instructions on the package.
In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients—noodles, asparagus, lobster, pepper and green onions.
Toss lightly with the sauce and refrigerate until serving, preferably, for one hour.
Toss again before serving and garnish with black and white sesame seeds.