Mushroom ragout on Italian Bread
- By: Alain Bossé
- Serves: 4
- 3 oz (85 g) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 shallots, julienned
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) small button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sherry or full-bodied red wine
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread, buttered then grilled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shaved fresh parmesan
Melt butter In a large frying pan. Sauté garlic, shallots and mushrooms until browned, about 5 minutes.
Add sage and sherry; simmer 6-8 minutes, until liquid is reduced by half.
Serve warm on grilled bread. Top with shaved parmesan. Makes 4 servings.