Marinated Mushroom Salad
- By: Alain Bossé
- Serves: 4
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) olive oil
- 2 lb (1 kg) button mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) maple syrup
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 24 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 med red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil. Sauté half the mushroom caps for 4-5 minutes, until brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Repeat for remaining mushrooms.
In a medium bowl, combine Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, oregano, lemon juice, vinegar, maple syrup and remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil. Whisk by hand until mixture blends.
Add mushrooms, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. Toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours; toss occasionally. Makes 4-6 servings.