Cheese Paratha (Indian Flatbread stuffed with Cheese)
- By: Chef Shahzad Doctor
2 cups (1 Pound) Atta whole-grain wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1¼ cup water
350g mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese, grated
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 green chili, finely chopped (optional)
1 tbsp black pepper powder
2 tbsp chopped coriander/cilantro leaves
(Mix all filling ingredients together in a bowl and keep aside)
1. Sift Atta and salt .Cut in oil. Mix well till it all resembles crumbles. Add water a little bit at a time and knead to make dough.
2. Gather dough into a ball. Cover it with damp kitchen towel or plastic film wrap. Let it rest about one hour at room temperature.
1. Roll dough into golf ball size.
2. Roll out 2 dough balls to about 6-7 inches in diameter.
3. Take 4 tablespoons of the filling and spread on one of the rolled out dough balls.
4. Take the second flattened dough ball and stick it on top of the first one that has the filling.
5. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a dash of oil. Cook each side of the flatbread until browned.
Make sure not to flip them too many times as the filling may spill out. Shredded chicken, scrambled egg, also taste good with the above mixture.