2012 Comfort Food Recipe Contest Rules
- All entries must be received by midnight on July 31, 2012. Mail entries to Recipe Contest, Saltscapes, Suite 209, 30 Damascus Road, Bedford, NS, B4A 0C1. Alternatively you may fax entries to Saltscapes at (902) 464-3755, or submit online.
- Early bird draw: Entries received by April 1, 2012 will be entered to win a trip (including travel and hotel expenses) to Saltscapes Expo in Halifax, April 27-29, 2012. Winner will be invited to cook on stage with Saltscapes' food editor, Alain Bossé.
- If submitting via regular mail, recipes must be typed or clearly printed, one side only, on standard letter-size (8.5x11-inch) paper. You may enter as often as you wish but each entry must be on a separate sheet of paper. Each entry must include your name, address and telephone number in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Multiple entries may be mailed in the same envelope.
- Recipes must be attributed to their original source. Contestants are responsible for any infringement on third-party rights.
- Each entry must list the ingredients and the quantity of each required, in order of use, followed by clear and complete directions. Each recipe should include the suggested number of servings. Comments or stories around recipes, including how or why a dish is your favourite potluck recipe, are appreciated, but optional.
- Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries become the property of Saltscapes Publishing Limited and may be edited, modified, adapted, published or otherwise used in any way without compensation. Saltscapes assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, damaged or that cannot be processed for any reason.
- The contest is open to all individuals who are not food professionals (eg. chefs, food home economists), who are 19 years of age or over, and are not employees or domiciled with employees of Saltscapes or any other prize-offering company.
- Recipes will be judged by a panel of food experts/enthusiasts based on taste, creativity and ease of preparation for the average household cook. Winners will be contacted within 90 days of the contest close date.
- Prior to being declared a winner, an entrant will be asked to sign an agreement regarding participation in the contest and compliance with all contest rules.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash. Winners may be responsible for picking up their prizes at the Saltscapes editorial office in Bedford, NS, or at a specified location in their area.
- Winning contestants will be identified in the January/February 2013 issue of Saltscapes. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner's name, recipe and hometown for editorial and promotional purposes by Saltscapes. Saltscapes will publish as many winning recipes as space permits.
- None of Sobeys, its subsidiaries and affiliates, its advertising agencies, sponsors, advisors or any of their employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, successors or assigns are responsible for or bear any liability whatsoever, in any way, attributable to any prize awarded, nor makes any warranties or representation in respect of any prize awarded except as specifically made by Sobeys in these Contest Rules, nor undertakes any responsibility or liability for matters which may inhibit, reduce or prevent enjoyment of the prize.
- The judges’ decisions are final and binding.
All entries must be received by midnight on July 31, 2012. But don’t delay: send us your favourite recipes today!
There are 3 ways to enter!
Suite 209, 30 Damascus Road,
Bedford, N.S B4A 0C1
- Fax: (902) 464-3755