1. To enter, complete the entry form online.
2. Entries must be received by October 31, 2012. Saltscapes/Destination Cape Breton takes no responsibility for entries lost, delayed or damaged.
3. Entries must be digital files, which can be uploaded electronically as jpeg files at saltscapes.com. Digital files should be at least 3MB in size. Entries will not be returned. Winners will be required to submit original material for reproduction purposes, as winning pictures may be published.
4. To be eligible, a photograph must have been taken within Cape Breton.
5. By submitting the online form, the photographer grants Saltscapes and Destination Cape Breton the right to publish the photographer's winning entry along with the photographer's name in a future issue of Saltscapes magazine. The photographer will not receive further compensation for such publication. Winners also agree that without further payment, their winning photograph entry may be used in print or electronic form to promote future photo contests by Saltscapes magazine or Destination Cape Breton. It is the responsibility of the contestant to ensure that publication of the photographs by Saltscapes magazine or Destination Cape Breton raises no legal claims. The photographer must own all rights to any photographs entered in this contest.
6. No person may win more than one prize.
7. Photographs previously published in full or in part will be disqualified.
8. The names of the winners, and as many of their photographs as space permits, will be published in a future issue of Saltscapes magazine. Before being awarded a prize, each winning photographer will be required to sign an agreement declaring that: (a) he or she doesn't sell photographs or charge a fee for taking pictures; (b) the photograph submitted is his or her original work; (c) the photograph was taken at the location specified on the entry form.
9. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash. If prizes cannot be mailed, winners are responsible for picking up their prizes at the Saltscapes office in Bedford, NS.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any amateur photographer who spends time in Cape Breton, except employees of Saltscapes, Destination Cape Breton, and prize-sponsoring companies, judges, and their immediate families. Only the photographer has the right to submit a photograph, and each entry form must be signed by the photographer. Prizes will be awarded to the photographers.
JUDGING: Entries will be judged by a panel chaired by Saltscapes' contributing photographer Perry Jackson. The decisions of the judges are final. Winners will be notified by telephone or e-mail.
By submitting the online entry form, the photographer consents to the entry of his or her submission and agrees to abide by the contest rules.